streams

streams

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Restoration

“I am confident that the Creator, who has begun such a great work among you, will not stop in mid-design but will keep perfecting you...” (Philippians 1:6 VOICE)

One of my friends has a car that he has been refurbishing for decades. It was his first car and it was not worth much. However, all the work he has done on it makes it valuable, especially to him. The exterior is painted in a bright yellow. The headlights have been replaced. Every scratch and dent has been repaired. The bodywork is complete, but the interior still needs work.  He has already invested a great deal of time and effort into this project, so I am confident that he won’t abandon it until it is finished properly.  

Similarly, God has been working on me for decades. There is much to be repaired. He attentively restores all the broken parts. God restores me, not because I am worthy, but because His love makes me valuable. I am confident that the Creator, who has begun such a great work within me, will not stop mid-design but will keep perfecting me until I am complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment