streams

streams

Monday, May 11, 2020

Dropped on the Head

“You even formed every bone in my body when you created me in the secret place, carefully, skillfully shaping me from nothing to something. You saw who you created me to be before I became me!” (Psalm 139:15-16 TPT) 
Have you ever heard that someone was ‘dropped on their head as a child?’ This colloquial term is a not-so-veiled insult that a person is stupid. I’ve always found this phrase to be especially sad. It implies internal damage from neglect. Yet, it also points to a truth. Negligence can have severe consequences on development. 
There is not much we can do about inattention from others. However, we have a certain degree of control over the care and respect we give to ourselves and those around us. We can choose NOT to drop ourselves on the head--to do things that are self-sabotaging. We can remind ourselves that God shaped each of us carefully, skillfully--from nothing to something. He formed us with a vision of who we are meant to be. He never neglects His creation, and neither should we.

No comments:

Post a Comment