streams

streams

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

The Seeds of Good Deeds

“The seeds of good deeds become a tree of life.” (Proverbs 11:30 NLT)
Every spring, I plan what vegetables to grow in my garden and buy the seeds.  I don’t randomly scatter seeds out in my yard and let nature take its course. Before planting, I read the specific instructions on each species. I soak the seeds in water to encourage germination. I prepare my seed trays with potting soil, plant the seeds with proper spacing, consistently water them, and place protective covers over them on frosty nights. Plants do best under constant care.  
Similarly, I plant seeds of good deeds thoughtfully. While random acts of kindness can be enjoyable and beneficial, systematic generosity can be even more fruitful. I invest in people selectively. Before making any big moves, I pray. I soak in the Word. I ask God for guidance, patience, and strength. I wait for the Holy Spirit to direct me. He gives me the seeds to empower others--to reach out, listen, accept, and show compassion. He shows me how to stand up and speak for the voiceless and how to explain things that are complex. He stays with me, reminding me to be protective and granting me the fortitude to remain consistent. In time, the seeds of goodness grow into trees of life, producing fruit and more seeds for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment