streams

streams

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Social Programming

“We used to show regard for people based on worldly standards and interests. No longer.” (2 Corinthians 5:16 VOICE)
I have an old laptop that no longer functions properly. I have been reading up on how to fix the issues. Many of the online forums I have been consulting recommend uninstalling Windows and switching to a Unix based operating system. I am reasonably tech savvy for someone my age, but I will only go so far into unfamiliar territory. I’m hesitant to make radical changes when I’m unsure about the outcome. Thus, I’ve decided to keep my dysfunctional laptop the way it is.
My value system, much like an old laptop, has been dysfunctional for a while. I used to regard everything based on worldly standards. This was my default operating system. Social programming colored my perspective and influenced my behavior. No longer. No more going through the motions. No more parroting what I’ve heard. No more doing what I’ve always done and believing what I’ve always believed. I’m choosing a different trajectory. I am walking along unfamiliar paths. Often I am alone, but I don’t feel lonely. The solitude allows me to be circumspect. The quietness brings clarity. I move forward with a newfound peace and purpose. 



No comments:

Post a Comment