streams

streams

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Pinioned

“God will protect you with his pinions; you'll find refuge under his wings. His faithfulness is a protective shield.” (Psalm 91:4 CEB)
This morning I woke up earlier than usual. As I sat quietly in reverie, a deep weight settled over me. I felt pinioned--like a bird whose wings were held close to its body. For a few hours, I was restrained securely by God. 
Like most people, I don’t like to be restricted. I want to do what I want, when and wherever I want, in the way I want to do it. I want to be in control, have the freedom to make my own decisions. I rankle at any form of confinement. 
Like young birds who have discovered their wings, we want to fly unfettered. Yet God tucks us into his pinions, guarding us from harm. Under his wings, we are safe. God’s protective shield sometimes feels restrictive. When we feel pinned down and tethered, it’s tempting to rebel. Don’t. Use the instincts that are deep within you. Remain securely pinioned under God’s wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment