streams

streams

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Prayer Break

“God, you are my God. I celebrate you. I praise you. You’ve done your share of miracle-wonders, well-thought-out plans, solid and sure. Here you’ve reduced the city to rubble…”(Isaiah 25:1-2 MSG)
Yesterday afternoon, I felt like I needed to take a prayer break. As usual, I started by looking for a Scripture verse to meditate on. I poked around in Isaiah, because I needed some hope. But everything I read added to my gloom. Then I tried to praise and thank God. This is how I was taught to pray, but that brought no relief either. So I decided to vent, to cry out, and then straight up ask God for what I wanted: 
Lord, things feel uncertain, unstable, and out of control. Sickness, unemployment, poverty,  depression, loneliness, anger, hatred, blame, confusion, anxiety, hopelessness...it's all too much. I need you to fix this mess. First of all, please show us how to take care of those who are suffering. Also, teach us not to add to the pain. I pray especially for my loved ones and those super-sufferers in this world. Take care of the injustice. If there is some way you can use me, show me what to do. If not me, then use others...but do something soon...please.


No comments:

Post a Comment