streams

streams

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Hungry for God


“You never got hungry for me. You continued to ignore me.” (Amos 4:6 MSG)


Every evening I get hungry for chips and cookies. I can keep eating and eating--and still remain unsatisfied. I have tried substituting healthier snacks for my late night cravings, but that has not helped either. The only workaround I have discovered is to ignore the emptiness and go to sleep early. 


I suspect that my late-night eating habit is connected to my emotions. But unpacking all of that is a lot of work, and my energy is drained by the end of the day. Thus, I must ponder this issue when my mind still works. I need to listen to the inner wisdom of the Spirit, ask questions, wait, learn, and take notes. My recurring hunger is a symptom of the emptiness within me that cannot be filled with food alone. I am dependent on God for sustainable sustenance. Nothing less will hit the spot. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment