streams

streams

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Wildflowers

 “Our days on earth are like grass; like flowers we bloom...” (Psalm 103:15 NLT) 


There are millions of wildflowers growing without any human intervention. These flowers are growing in places where no one goes to appreciate their beauty. These plants self-seed and thrive even in less than ideal conditions. One such wild plant that I intentionally keep in my garden is the garlic chive. It is one of the few herbs that comes back every year on its own. The flat, long blades can easily be mistaken for grass until they put forth blooms. The white flowers house clusters of seeds. The seeds drop to the ground and remain dormant under the soil, even in the harsh winter months. Every spring, when nothing else is growing in the garden, the tender shoots of this plant give me something nourishing to add to my recipes.  I am amazed at how nature cares for this plant without any input on my part.


“And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you.” (Matthew 6:30 NLT)


If wildflowers can bloom without external assistance, perhaps I can too. Even when I have no support from others, I can depend on God to care for me. In the same way, if a loved one is unable to receive the encouragement I offer, God will provide another way. We were created to grow and thrive whether or not we are seen or appreciated by other humans. God cares so wonderfully for each and every one of us and enjoys our beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment