streams

streams

Monday, October 12, 2020

Be Considerate


“Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do.” (Philippians 4:5 NLT)

I run daily through our neighborhood. While most of our streets are clean, there is one section where someone throws empty cans as they drive by. I assume it is the same person who litters daily, because the empty can is always the same type. After a few days of running by this trash, I will go pick it up and put it in the recycle bin at my home. I know there will be more cans in the same section of the road in a few days. Even if I witnessed the person throwing the empty can on the side of the street, I would not confront him. Everyone realizes that littering is inconsiderate. A person can be aware but still not care. 

Epidemiologists have provided extensive information about the Covid 19 virus to the public. Most people have the ability to understand the science behind infectious diseases, how they spread, and how to mitigate community risk. They are aware, but they don’t care. They go about their lives doing things as usual and justifying their choices. 

It’s bad enough to be cavalier about your own health, but each time you expose yourself to the virus, you become a vector for community spread. This is inconsiderate. I am not going to confront you directly. I will do whatever I can to protect you and your loved ones. My husband, a physician, will keep putting himself at risk to treat you when you get sick. We will continue to be considerate, forbearing, and circumspect in all that we do. We shall persist in loving our neighbors as Christ taught. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment