streams

streams

Monday, October 26, 2020

Reclaiming Space


“Stay focused on what’s above, not on earthly things.” (Colossians 3:2 VOICE)

Land reclamation is the process of reconverting areas that are unpurposed into productive spaces. In Canada, the government requires that the land that has been disturbed for mining must be reclaimed--which means it must be restored to a self-sustaining ecosystem with local vegetation and wildlife. This form of land reclamation is beneficial to the environment, plants, animals, and humans. 

Similarly, there are parts of my mind that have been disturbed and need reclaiming. I have allowed the distractions of the modern realm to fracture and diminish my soul. The process of restoration has not been easy. Removing the pollutants that desensitize my spirit takes intentional work. Every day, I clean up a small area of my life. I try not to look at how much more there is to be done. Instead, I focus on the patch directly in front of me. Today, it is removing apps from my phone so I can reclaim some time for higher purposes. This might not seem like much, but it helps me stay focused on what’s above, not on earthly things. I shall continue reclaiming my mind from all the numbing habits I have exposed it to over the years and restore it to a habitation fit for the Spirit of the Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment