streams

streams

Friday, December 6, 2013

Lost Signal

My cell phone coverage is spotty in certain regions. I can’t make or receive calls in these dead zones. I’m either too far away from a cellular tower, or the signal is blocked by some large structure such as a hill or tall building. I’ll try to hold up my phone, waving it in the air, hoping to recapture the lost signal. Sometimes this works, and other times it doesn’t. I can predict from my previous experiences where I am likely to lose coverage. On my way home from town, there is a curve that goes through a valley where my phone frequently drops calls. I hope I never get stranded in this spot!

Unfortunately, there are many such valleys with curves in my life.

I have certain areas in my life where I have difficulty hearing from God. The coverage is spotty. God’s signal or influence has not permeated into these regions. Either I am too far away from the signal tower, or there is something in between me and my Provider. I try to hold my hands up in supplication and prayer. Sometimes it works; other times it doesn’t.

When I worry, I tend to stop hearing from God. Anxiety is a curvy road that goes through the Valley of Fear. The signals of Faith and Trust are blocked by barriers of Doubt. We might have to drive through these valleys regularly, but we must be careful not to get stuck in these dead zones.

No comments:

Post a Comment