streams

streams

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Acknowledge and Return

The majority of the books I read are from the library. The library label on the cover is a constant reminder that they are not my own.  I am careful to take care of these books while I use them. I conscientiously return them to the library on time. When someone asks me what I am reading, I will tell them the title and that it is from the library. This way, they are made aware that they, too, have free access to these books.

Worship is acknowledging that everything we have is from God and  conscientiously returning everything back to God.

"Worship is giving God the best that He has given you. Be careful what you do with the best you have. Whenever you get a blessing from God, give it back to Him as a love-gift. Take time to meditate before God and offer the blessing back to Him in a deliberate act of Worship...It must be given back to Him so that He can make it a blessing to others." (My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers, January 6th)

For example, if you have been given a day of health, then acknowledge that it is from God and give it back to Him so that He can make it a blessing to others. Today you may have been given the blessing of a bit of extra time, energy, money, opportunity, knowledge, power, talent, understanding, comfort, or peace.  Acknowledge and return every blessing to the Source so that it may be useful to the multitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment