streams

streams

Thursday, January 15, 2015

IN

During my life, I have gone through cycles--of cynicism and hope--of thinking that nothing really matters--to thoughts that everything is interconnected and thus meaningful.  Lately, I have had the sense that the things that truly matter can be condensed into a few concepts.

Understanding and intimacy with God is more than a destination, experience, or knowledge. It is a state of being.

This concept is really difficult for me to explain (make plain)--but I’m going to try...

Think about the difference between  knowing about love, health, peace, and contentment vs. being IN love, health, peace, and contentment. The latter suggests inclusion from within, a transition from external knowledge to internal communion, an intrinsic transformation. I feel the urge to express this--to In-clude others In--perhaps because interior renewal is more sustainable when those around you are also in a similar state of being. When you are in love, you wish the other to be in love too. Health, peace, goodness, contentment--all are easier to maintain when others around you are immersed in these values.

This is my hope: To be In Christ....for others around me to also be In Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment