streams

streams

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Heavier End

“God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears.” (Psalm 34:4 MSG)

When we move large pieces of furniture around, my husband always takes the heavier end. He is much stronger than I am, so I don’t argue. I just pick up the lighter end and listen to his directions. He tells me how to turn around tight corners and when and where to set things down. We have to be in constant communication.

When we have to carry large burdens, God meets us more than halfway. He takes up the heavier end. Our role is to pick up the lighter end and listen for directions. If we need to rest midway, or set the load down to get a better grip on it, we just have to let Him know.  Allowing God to bear the bulk of our burden, frees us from anxiety and fear.

“He pulled me out of my despair
He taught me how to walk
From fear into security
From quicksand to the Rock.”
( Lyrics from the song: “I waited for the Lord on High,” by Petra)

No comments:

Post a Comment