streams

streams

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Yielding to Jesus

“Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God.” (Romans 6:13 NIV)

What controls and dominates me? I have a rigid sense of righteousness. I am defensive of my way of life and my philosophies. I crave stability, and thus, I’m protective of my environment. I am highly sensitive to anybody being manipulated. I allow my fears and anxieties to take over.  

I have yielded myself to these compulsions instead of yielding to God. I build my own defensive fortress in an attempt to protect myself and my loved ones. I try to take care of everything instead of allowing God to take over.

Lord, I realize that I am imprisoned, and I can’t free myself. I want to relinquish these enslaving habits to You. Please release me from these shackles. Jesus, help me to yield to You, and only You.

No comments:

Post a Comment