streams

streams

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Just Chill

“Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10 NLT)

Being still is not in my nature. I prefer to be active and in control. In my attempts to be efficient, I  often end up being counter-productive. I do yoga at warp speed while hyperventilating. I commit myself to too many projects and then beat myself up over my inattention to details. I sometimes tell my son what to do, even though I know that it is better for him to figure things out for himself. I act as if everything will spiral out of control if I don’t stay on top things.

I often sense God whispering: Hush...just chill, relax, don’t obsess over things. I, the Lord, am in charge of everything. Trust me.

First of all, I have to acknowledge that God is in control and I am not.  As I accept this, God hushes the worried thoughts and calms the agitation of my heart. Trust in God is the best antidote for obsessive, compulsive behavior. As I rest in grace, I am able to listen and understand more and more--to Be Still, and Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment