streams

streams

Friday, February 5, 2016

Clearing the Stage

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

I’ve always bemoaned the fact that I am not fluent in more than one language. I can speak my ancestral language of Malayalam, but at a very basic level. Most of my relatives speak English better than I speak Malayalam. We have learned to use a hodgepodge of both languages to have superficial conversations. Recently I was trying to communicate at a deeper level with one of my relatives. We were having a spiritual discussion, and I just didn’t have the vocabulary to express my ideas.  I was so frustrated at my lack of language skills.

The next morning, as I was praying that God would guide my relative, the following thought came to me. If I knew more Malayalam, I would have shared MY ideas, possibly interfering with God’s ideas. But because my language skills were poor, I had to surrender the situation to God.

The first step is to admit our weaknesses. Then we must get out of the way and allow God to reveal His power.  Our limitations merely set the stage for Christ to take over.

Lord, I acknowledge and surrender my weaknesses to You. May my insufficiency become a platform for You to display Your strength and sufficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment