streams

streams

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Internal Bullies

"Don't be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There's nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life - body and soul - in his hands.” (Matthew 10:28 MSG)
What intimidates you from expressing God openly?
Here are a few of my personal hang-ups:
Embarrassment--I want people to think I’m cool and worldly. I don’t want to be lumped in with those people who are standing on the street corners and yelling at passersby.
Scrutiny--When you claim to be a person of faith, it invites a certain level of scrutiny from others. It is difficult to live in a way that always reflects the faith you profess. Every slipup feels like a failure.
Fear--Expressing God, whether it is through words or actions, makes me feel more exposed to spiritual attacks from the Enemy. It’s almost like I’m walking around with a target on my back. As soon as I step out in faith, something will happen that makes me fearful.
We all have different reasons for keeping our faith compartmentalized and private. Maybe you share some of my hang-ups, or perhaps you have different excuses. Either way, we are bluffed into silence by bullies. The truth is that our inhibitions are misguided. God is able to take care of whatever comes. He cares about every detail. He holds everything and everyone in His hands. 
"Stand up for me against world opinion and I'll stand up for you before my Father in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment