streams

streams

Friday, February 12, 2016

Night School

“I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.” (Psalm 16:7 NLT)
I don’t sleep well. I wake up several times during the night and can’t get back to sleep. I rarely remember the thoughts that come to me as I doze in and out of consciousness. I’ve always assumed that my brain was merely rearranging the information that it gathered during the day.  But now, I wonder if God is the one who is bringing order to my cluttered mind. I can imagine the Lord--cleaning up the mess every night--reorganizing random thoughts, connecting dots, clarifying concepts, confirming directions, and clearing away useless junk.
God guides us whether it is light or dark, whether we are conscious or unconscious. After our day’s work is done, we attend God’s night school. We have a wonderful instructor. He clears up confusion. He restores order. He reorients us in the right direction.  
The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. (Psalm 32:8 NLT)

1 comment:

  1. This is so good! What a wonderful thought! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete