streams

streams

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Comfort the Weary

“The Sovereign LORD has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will.” (Isaiah 50:4 NLT)

There was a time in my life when I was always exhausted. During that phase, I couldn’t focus on anything but my diminishing reserves. Everything was blurry, including God. However, I was fortunate enough to have a few good friends who talked me through--encouraging me with words of wisdom and comfort.

These days, I feel like God shakes me awake early in the morning saying:

Now it is your turn. Early morning is the best time for focused study--so get up out of bed. Listen. Pay attention to what I have to say. Pass on my words of wisdom. Encourage those who are despairing. Comfort those who are weary. Pray for the afflicted. Give hope to the despondent. Reach out to those who are sinking. Be diligent and disciplined. Do not procrastinate. Express what I put in your heart--according to MY time, not just when it is convenient for you. Do not get distracted by your own agenda. Allow MY insights and intentions to come through. Communicate MY truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment