streams

streams

Friday, December 23, 2016

Zoom Out

“Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

When I’m looking at a map online, I use the zoom feature quite a bit. First, I like to zoom out to get the big picture; then, I zoom in to whatever detail I want to focus on.

When I am faced with a problematic situation, I tend to zoom in. This only magnifies the problem. If I would zoom out a bit, I would notice God in the picture. He is right there in every scene. I do not have to be afraid when the Lord is present.
Perhaps you are facing a troublesome issue right now. Zoom out. Look for God. Then, zoom in and focus on HIM.

“So, my dear Christian friends, companions in following this call to the heights, take a good hard look at Jesus. He's the centerpiece of everything we believe.” (Hebrews 3:1 MSG)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Have a great Christmas to you and the family. Thank you for the wise reminder as family gathers for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete