streams

streams

Monday, December 26, 2016

Knowing Jesus

“Your kind of knowing can hardly be called knowing. You don't know the first thing about me.” (Luke 13:27 MSG)

Recently, someone asked me if I knew one of my husband’s coworkers. I replied: “I don’t know the guy personally, but I know of him.” I had heard my husband talk about this guy several times. I knew that he was married, had two kids, played golf, and liked to buy the latest gadgets. I had seen him at the holiday parties and briefly exchanged pleasantries. I knew a lot about this guy, but it was all second-hand information. I had not spent much time with him or had any deep conversations with him.

Many of us who claim to know Jesus merely know of him. We may have heard about him from others or read about him or seen images of him. However, we don’t work with him or ‘do life’ with him. Our attitudes and behavior do not reflect a personal connection with Christ. We cannot have an intimate relationship with Jesus unless we are willing to give of ourselves completely, admit our vulnerabilities, and remain fully attentive to him.

Lord, reveal Yourself to us. Help us to know You and realize we are known by You.

No comments:

Post a Comment