streams

streams

Friday, December 2, 2016

Mercy

“May God give you more and more mercy, peace, and love.” (Jude 1:2)

I woke up knowing it was going to be a challenging day. I got my coffee and tried to settle down for my usual routine of prayer and study. However, I felt restless and uneasy.  I decided to put on some music and do a few yoga stretches as the sun rose over the ridge of trees behind my house. The lyrics from an old hymn caught my attention:

Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness,
Morning by morning new mercies I see...

What mercies would I notice this morning?


God has always been faithful. I have experienced more grace and forgiveness than I deserve. The Lord has allowed me to feel His strong arms underneath me, holding me up on challenging days like this one. He whispers words of encouragement and points out symbols of hope. His mercy, peace, and love stream in with the morning sun, alighting on my head, blessing me, washing over me. I am safe in the care of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment