streams

streams

Friday, March 31, 2017

Plans for the Day

“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” (Matthew 6:33 NLT)

I once saw a video where a guy was trying to fill a jar with a certain amount of big rocks and sand. First, he put the sand in and tried to fit the rocks on top. He couldn’t get all of them in the jar. However, when he put the big rocks in first, the sand easily fit between the gaps of space.

Every morning, my husband and I go over our plans for the day. Some things cannot be moved around--like my husband’s work schedule. Other things are more flexible--exercise, meals, chores, social time, etc.  Since his schedule is less fluid than mine, I tend to work my schedule around his.

The purposes of God are unchangeable. If we try to fill our day with our plans and then try to squeeze God’s purposes into the gaps, they may not fit. However, when God’s intentions take precedence over our personal aspirations, everything finds its proper place.  

Lord, help me to seek You today, to watch what You are doing, and to align my values with Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment