streams

streams

Friday, July 14, 2017

Hiding Place

“For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble.” (Psalm 32:7 NLT)

Like a refugee fleeing from trouble, I have looked for sanctuary in many different places--relationships, vacations, achievements, distractions, pleasure, food, and sleep. Unfortunately, all of these have proven to be transitory rest stops instead of being safe havens.  When I was in college, I knew a girl who always went home to her parents when she needed a safe place to hole up for a while. Her parents kept her old room ready. If she needed help of any kind, all she had to do was call, and one of them showed up the next day.

Where do you turn to in times of distress?

The Psalmist says that God is his hiding place. He knows he can go home to His Father’s presence in times of trouble. We are the sons and daughters of an available God. He is eager for us to seek Him at all times. He doesn’t go off on vacation; He always makes room for us. In Him we find shelter, protection, and restoration.

Lord, I am weary and burdened. Show me the way into Your presence so I can find rest in Your company.

No comments:

Post a Comment