streams

streams

Friday, July 7, 2017

Rest

“Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him.” (Psalm 37:7 NASB)
“Surrender yourself to the LORD, and wait patiently for him.” (Psalm 37:7 GWT)

The word ‘surrender’ has negative connotations--meaning giving up and accepting defeat. The word ‘rest’, on the other hand, has positive  undertones of peace and refreshment. Surrendering to God is equivalent to rest. When we hand over all in trust, leaving everything in God’s hands, it brings relief and freedom.

Wait patiently for Him...

I used to think that this meant I should patiently wait while God fixed whatever issue I handed over to Him, like a kid who takes a broken toy to her father. Now I realize I am the one who is broken, and I am to wait for him to restore my heart, my attitude, and my perspective.  

Lord, I leave myself in Your hands, because You are faithful.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Wayne Dyer had a quote from his book, The Power Of Intention.
    "If you're unwell, don't ask to be healed; instead, ask to be restored to that perfection from which you emanated." I take unwell meaning anything that does not make you feel the best about yourself, either mentally or physically.

    ReplyDelete