streams

streams

Monday, July 3, 2017

Face the Light

“You will open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from Satan's control to God's.” (Acts 26:18 GWT)

My husband is a good photographer. He tries to check the lighting before taking pictures of people. I, on the other hand, am more concerned about the background--flowers, monuments, beaches, sunsets, mountains, waterfalls--I will try to get my family to pose for pictures in front of beautiful scenery even if they are facing away from the light. The result is backlit, shadowed, and dark images.  

The tendency to focus on my surroundings rather than the light source is an underlying issue that haunts me. When I am oppressed by fear and anxiety, I know I am turned away from the light. These dark emotions are not from God.  For God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. My mental state is a good indicator of which way I’m facing. When I am discouraged, burdened, and anxious, I know it is time to do an about-face, to turn away from Satan’s control and look to God’s light.

No comments:

Post a Comment