streams

streams

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Endurance Races

“Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.” (Hebrews 12:1 ESV)

I coach a running club for kids. Most of the students can run faster than me for a mile, but I have an advantage over them on longer runs. Their youth gives them speed and energy, but years of running have given me more endurance.

My definition of endurance--the ability to go through a difficult situation without giving up. I don’t think people are born with the capacity for endurance; it is a discipline that has to be developed through training. No one enjoys hardship. Yet, runners pay a fee and sign up to run 26.2 miles. Why? They know the value of perseverance, and they hope by training intentionally they will increase their strength and tolerance for pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment