streams

streams

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Truthful Actions

“Let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God. Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.” (1 John 3:18-20 NLT)

Speaking truth is not always fun. Most of us are eager to say nice things to others, but we hem and haw when faced with difficult conversations--even with our good friends. Truthful actions are even more challenging. I try to maintain a personal code of behavior with those I care about: I make time to be available if they need me; I communicate consistently and authentically with them; I respect their boundaries, once they clearly define them. When I slip up and my behavior is incongruent with the truth, I feel guilty. Yet, God knows my intentions are sincere. Thus, I approach the Father with boldness and confidence, knowing He understands me even when I am misunderstood by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment