streams

streams

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Sufficiency of the Word

The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.” (Psalm 19:7 MSG)

The last marathon I ran had some twists and turns that were not marked clearly. When you are tired and distracted, it’s easy to miss signposts. It’s common for runners to follow the person running in front of them. One misdirected runner can unwittingly cause many behind him to also lose their way. Luckily, I was following a pacer who had run the course several times and knew the way.

“GOD, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. Give me insight so I can do what you tell me--my whole life one long, obedient response.” (Psalm 119:33-34 MSG)

Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, and it is easy to get lost. Fortunately, God provides us with clear directions in His Word. His counsel is relevant and all-sufficient.  Jesus goes ahead, showing us the way. Our role is to pay attention to the insights, obediently respond to the instructions, and follow the example of Christ. We have everything we need to stay on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment