streams

streams

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Lessons Relearned

“As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness.” (Proverbs 26:11 NLT)

I schedule a few hours every day for writing. I usually jot down my initial thoughts on paper, but the laptop is where I do the majority of my work.  
Digital writing allows me to edit, share, and store creative content easily. However, it can also be distracting. Notifications from emails and social media sites, news alerts, and interesting articles divert my attention. According to a study by the University of California, it takes an average of 23 minutes to get back on task after a distraction. I didn’t need a research study to confirm that interruptions can decrease productivity. It’s a lesson I should have learned from previous experience but keep forgetting.

Mistakes provide opportunities for learning; repeated mistakes provide opportunities for relearning. If you notice recurring patterns of misjudgment, it’s a sign that you need to review certain lessons carefully. Every experience is a chance to remind yourself of truths that you may have learned previously. Every failure provides you a reason to study conscientiously. Fools repeat foolishness. The wise review and relearn from their mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment