streams

streams

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

What I Want to Be

“It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living.” (Ephesians 1:11 MSG)

A few months ago, a friend brought over a tiny potted plant with an usual drip tray--a miniature cast iron skillet. She didn’t have any other use for such a small pan, so she had stuck it under this pot to catch excess water. Even though it was rusted and dusty, I could see it was meant for more. I washed it, scrubbed the rust out with fine steel wool, and seasoned it with oil. I have discovered that this mini-skillet is perfect for frying eggs. This was the purpose for which it was originally designed.

I’ve spent much of my life trying to figure out who I want to be when I grow up. I think I finally know:
I want to be TRUE.
I no longer want to be defined by external appearance, talents, job titles, or other people’s projections.
I want to be who God designed me to be.
How do I know what that is? I ask the Designer and wait attentively for revelation.
It is in Christ that I find out who I am and what I am living for. He has designed me for glorious purposes. I want to live accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment