streams

streams

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Heart Hunters

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13 NIV)

A friend of mine recently invited me to a Facebook page called “Heart Hunters” where people post pictures of hearts they see around them. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, schools, shops, and many workplaces are closed. Only ‘essential’ movement is recommended. More and more people are walking and exercising outdoors in our rural neighborhood. Neighbors wave as they pass by homes. As a way of cheering each other up, people have started putting up hearts on their windows as symbols of hope and love. As I do my daily runs, I keep my eyes open for hearts now. Now that I am intentionally looking for them, I spot them everywhere. Every time I see one, I stop and take a picture. This lifts up my spirits. I have also cut out paper hearts and pasted them on my windows for those who are walking by my home. Heart-hunting has become an inspirational activity during these difficult times. 

Here is another even more uplifting activity: God-hunting. When we search for God intently, we find signs of His grace everywhere. With the eyes of your minds, steadfastly scan for the Spirit. Learn to spot God’s mercy, kindness, insights, directions, answers, promises, and peace.  Keep your eyes, ears, and souls focused on His presence. Remain earnest and intense in this pursuit. Every time you spot a God-sign, stop and record it; then, joyfully point it out to others. Even in times of darkness and isolation, let your lives be a showcase for love and hope. When you look for God intently, you will find Him everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment