streams

streams

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Yield Selectively

“Do not yield to fear, for I am always near.
 Never turn your gaze from me, for I am your faithful God.
 I will infuse you with my strength and help you in every situation
 I will hold you firmly with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 TPT)

When driving, I often yield to other cars at intersections, even when I have the right of way. I see this as being courteous. Plus, I’m a timid driver and others always seem in a bigger hurry. This means I let other drivers get ahead of me, and I end up following them. Sometimes I get boxed in behind huge trucks on single lane roads. Then I have to let these drivers set the speed. Perhaps I should be more selective about when I yield. 

We may not be able to prevent fear from approaching us at the crossroads of life, but whether we yield or not is a choice. Fear never has the right of way; thus, we are not obliged to succumb to it. When we give way to fear, we let it get out in front of us. We become followers of fear, stuck behind it, allowing it to box us in. 

The Lord is always near. Yield to Him; let Him get out in front and guide you. Follow Christ. Never turn your gaze from Him--for where your eyes go, your mind will follow. The Lord is faithful and trustworthy. He will infuse you with His strength and help you in every situation. He will hold you firmly in His victorious right hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment