streams

streams

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Journey

God said, ‘My presence will go with you. I’ll see the journey to the end.’” (Exodus 33:14 MSG)
My dog, Sydney, saw me through an important decade of my life. She arrived in my late thirties and died a month before my fiftieth birthday. It was a season of many transitions for my family. During this period, Sydney was my constant companion. She didn’t speak words, but she communicated volumes. I learned to adapt my plans around her needs. I was tuned in to her, and she was tuned in to me. The weight of her presence always drew me back home. Her gravity centered me, and I found peace in her calming presence. 
God has promised to accompany us through every decade of this life and for eternity. Personal awareness of the Lord is developed through practice. We learn to tune in, be on the same wavelength, and align our plans and thoughts with God’s purpose.  His presence stays with us as we progress from one stage to another. His weight, His light, His presence--envelops us. His gravity draws us back home, centering us, granting us peace. He will see us to the journey’s end. 



No comments:

Post a Comment