streams

streams

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Repurposed Vessels

“And as I watched, the clay vessel in his hands became flawed and unusable. So the potter started again with the same clay. He crushed and squeezed and shaped it into another vessel that was to his liking.” (Jeremiah 18:4 VOICE)
Our trash service stopped recycling during the quarantine. Thus, I have been trying to reuse containers instead of throwing everything away. After I  wash glass jars and plastic tubs, I fill them with dirt and plant seeds. I have an assortment of containers on my windowsills now--all repurposed and now growing useful plants. 
Do you ever feel like your life is so flawed that it is unusable? Or maybe you feel used up, traumatized, broken, and good for nothing other than the trash heap. Do not despair. In God’s hands, nothing and no one is beyond redemption. He is the potter and we are the clay. Nothing is wasted. He repurposes each of us into new vessels according to His liking. All we have to do is submit to being molded. Let go of preconceived notions, bitterness, and pride. Remain open, attentive, and pliable to God’s guidance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment