streams

streams

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Be A Blessing

“I am going to put a special blessing on you and cause your reputation to grow so that you will become a blessing and example to others.” (Genesis 12:2 VOICE)



 I routinely take stock of my blessings: I have food, shelter, and stability--I do not have to struggle for survival on a daily basis. I have the ability to read, speak, and write. I have discretionary time. I am relatively healthy. I have the opportunity to make good choices. I have more resources than the majority of the world population. 


Blessings are gifts from God; they are not earned for good behavior or hard work. Blessings are not meant to be hoarded. They are meant to be used as tools to build up others and honor God. If you see your neighbor struggling to fix his home with no tools, would you not go over with your toolbox in hand? 


Most of us admit that we are blessed, but what do we do with these gifts? Do we imagine we deserve them?  Do we merely display them? Or do we share? How can we be a blessing to others? Do an inventory of your blessings. Find one new way to apply each gift to help someone else today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment