streams

streams

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Submission

“Pour out all your worries and stress upon him and leave them there, for he always tenderly cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7 TPT)
Every piece I write for this blog goes through several revisions. I first jot down random words and phrases on paper. I think, doodle, and disentangle my thoughts. Then I type up sentences, delete them, rewrite them, and rearrange them. Then I go back the next day and fiddle with them some more. Eventually I send in my writing to an editor who proofreads everything. I make all the changes she suggests. Finally, I publish each piece online for anyone who wants to read it. The whole process is an act of submission. 
Similarly, I take all my stress, confusions, and worries and submit them to the Lord. Sometimes I jot my emotions down on paper as a way to untangle them. I contemplate, revise, and readjust my perspectives. I rein in my natural tendency to want to be in charge, modifying my controlling thoughts into surrendering thoughts.  I take each minute, each task, each weakness, each fear--and hand it over. I do not give up on my responsibilities, but I submit my struggles to the One who is supremely capable. I pour out all my anxiety and leave it there. I trust the Lord to tenderly care for me. I listen to His guidance. I accept His corrections. I follow His directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment