streams

streams

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Are you Valuable?

“Look at all the birds—do you think they worry about their existence? They don’t plant or reap or store up food, yet your heavenly Father provides them each with food. Aren’t you much more valuable to your Father than they?” (Matthew 6:26 TPT)


I like some birds more than others. Cardinals, hummingbirds, and goldfinches are so pretty with their bright coloring and timid mannerisms. I am not fond of catbirds. When I walk through my yard or sit down on the porch, the catbirds start their incessant cawing. I am annoyed by this sound. As far as I’m concerned, catbirds add no value to my life. 


What makes something or someone valuable? 


Just because one species of bird is more appealing to my senses does not make it more valuable. I’ve assigned it worth based on my aesthetic preferences. Perhaps I am unable to comprehend the significance of certain things. Even if the majority of humans may not appreciate a catbird, its value is not diminished. What makes a catbird special? Maybe its annoying call serves as a warning system to all the other animals in the backyard. Maybe it was created to be a sentinel. None of this matters. God created this bird; thus, it has a special purpose. 


Lord, I pray for those who feel unlovable and unacceptable. Protect us  from absorbing worldly evaluations. Teach us not to diminish each other.

Allow us to know that we are worthy and special in Your eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment