streams

streams

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Everyday Blessings


“He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.” (Psalm 23:2 NLT)


Lord, I thank you as I run

For the beauty I take for granted:

Hay bales in the pasture

A frog croaking by the pond

The shade from the birch tree

And lungs that still breathe


Lord, I thank you as I clean

For all that You have supplied:

My own comfy home

Smooth wooden floors

Brooms, soap, and water

And a body that still bends.


Lord, I thank you as I cook

For the light from the window

The tomato from the garden

The fragrance of basil 

Simmering in the deep pot

And a family that still gathers. 


Lord, I thank you as I study

For the wisdom from above 

Books, paper, and pens

Quiet time and a cozy chair

Curiosity to learn 

And a brain that still works


Lord, I thank you as I sleep

For letting me rest in safety,

Peace, privacy, and tranquility

Clean sheets on a soft bed

Streaming dreams before sunrise

And a husband who is still close. 


__


2 comments: