streams

streams

Monday, August 3, 2020

Showered with Blessings

“And in the proper season I will send the showers they need. There will be showers of blessing.” (Ezekiel 34:26 NLT)


A few months before my wedding, I was surprised with a bridal shower by my friends. I fondly remember the little appetizers, the silly games, and the laughter. It was fun to open up each lovely present in the company of loved ones. I felt loved, cherished, and joyful. 


Recently I had an unexpected spiritual shower. During the span of one week, I received several inspiring messages from friends. Some were little notes of encouragement, including links to podcasts, songs, and articles. I listened and read deeply. I took notes. I sat in contemplation. Each of these messages blessed me greatly.  I felt loved, cherished, and joyful.


Now fresh ideas are stirring within me--leading me down unfamiliar paths. My intellectual curiosity has been galvanized once more. There are new concepts to ponder, angles to consider, and vistas to explore. I am grateful to each of these people who contacted me. Perhaps they were following divine nudges. If so, I am glad they followed through. In this season of dryness, I needed this shower of blessings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment