streams

streams

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Dandelion Lessons


“She conducts her conversations with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is ever her concern.” (Proverbs 31:26 VOICE)

The yellow dandelion flowers in my yard have turned into white fluff balls. These filaments will be disbursed by the slightest breeze, spreading their seeds far and wide. While this may be the least attractive stage of this weed, it is still a purposeful phase in the life cycle of this plant.  

As I look at the dandelion fluff balls, I am reminded that I, too, am past the flowering stage of my life. Yet, this can still be a purposeful phase depending on how I choose to live. I can cultivate peace and contentment. I can be a good role model--conducting my conversations with wisdom, scattering encouragement, and focusing on gratitude. I can contribute what I have instead of obsessing with accumulating more. I can learn to accept what I cannot change while standing up boldly in situations where I have influence. I can spread kindness and compassion far and wide until I have nothing left to give. 


No comments:

Post a Comment