streams

streams

Monday, May 17, 2021

Mind Care


“Whenever my busy thoughts were out of control, the soothing comfort of your presence calmed me down and overwhelmed me with delight.” (Psalm 94:19 TPT)

Untangling my long hair is time-consuming. When I wake up in the morning, my hair looks like a bird’s nest. The friction of tossing and turning while sleeping results in unruly knots. Fortunately, I have learned some tricks to remove the tangles. I take small sections of hair and run my fingers slowly through them. When I encounter a knot, I patiently separate out each strand of hair. Once I clear one section, I go to the next. The process cannot be rushed. When I have removed all the tangles, I use a homemade, leave-in conditioner made up of shea butter, coconut oil, and lavender. I anoint my head with this aromatic blend. Then, I use a comb to gently distribute the conditioner all through my hair. Finally, I braid my hair and fasten it with a velvet band. This daily, self-care routine feels empowering and nurturing. 

I have a similar self-care routine with my mind, too. Every day, I deal with a plethora of information and emotions. Busy thoughts lead to tangled truths. The friction between worries, distractions, and complexities creates a mess in my head. I have to take time daily to organize the chaos. I take small sections and patiently parse each concept. Once I have clarification, I move to the next knotty issue. The process is time-consuming. Eventually, I feel a sense of serenity--an anointing of wisdom and discernment. Finally, I send my written thoughts to my band of spiritual companions who interweave their insights with mine. We grow in strength and awareness as we empower and nurture each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment