streams

streams

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Divine Interruptions


“We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it.” (Proverbs 16:9 MSG)

I have a two-year calendar notebook. It has pages for monthly, weekly, and daily planning. Every morning, I write out my to-do list on the appropriate page. I use a pencil rather than a pen so that I can erase easily. I know from experience that unexpected contingencies may come up. I used to get bent out of shape when I didn’t get everything done on my list. These days, I have learned to anticipate Divine interruptions.

For example, I got a message yesterday from someone that required me to change my schedule. Some plans had to be erased in order to make space for the unexpected. Yet, since my plans were conditional upon God’s will, I was unfazed by His redirection. I saw it as an opportunity to be used by the Lord and work with Him. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment