streams

streams

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Prayerful Writing


“Like a river bursting its banks, I’m overflowing with words, spilling out into this sacred story.” (Psalm 45:1 TPT)

When I was a child, I was taught to say my prayers out loud. By the time I was a teen, I switched to praying silently.  It wasn’t until adulthood that I discovered the power of praying through writing. 

Like a torrential river, my mind is always overflowing with thoughts and words. Writing creates channels of expression and understanding. It calms my mind, turning into a peaceful stream. 

Prayerful writing allows me to gather up the unruly impressions that run wild like horses through my head. Arranging these abstractions into sentences feels like harnessing all these horses and hitching them to a chariot. It gives power and direction to my prayer life. My communication with God becomes tangible, tethered, substantive, intentional, and grounded. 


No comments:

Post a Comment