streams

streams

Monday, October 11, 2021

Know God


“Eternal life means to know and experience you as the only true God.” (John 17:3a TPT)

When someone buys a house and announces it will be their ‘forever home,’ I’m surprised at their certainty. For the first three decades of my life, I moved around frequently. My sense of home was reduced to the structure I resided in at the moment. Instability and uncertainty were ingrained into my psyche. Fortunately, the last two decades have been different. I have had the privilege of living in the same home, putting down roots, knowing my neighbors, and being known by them. Stability feels satisfying, meaningful, and peaceful. I do not take this blessing for granted.  

The phrase ‘eternal life’ conjures up fuzzy images of an afterlife in heaven, angels playing harps, and humanesque souls in white robes. What if eternal life is accessible to the living? Humans have a natural craving for that which is real, unperishable, and everlasting.There is nothing more sustaining than knowing God and experiencing His understanding. Our search for meaning and purpose is satisfied by dwelling in His presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment