streams

streams

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Revealing God


“My glory is revealed through their surrendered lives.” (John 17:10b TPT) 

I was in my late twenties when I went through my first spiritual crisis. Much of what I believed about God, religion, humanity, values, and goals came crashing down like a house of cards. I was left directionless and confused. It took me a few years to find my bearings and move through this desert experience. Somewhere along this journey, I picked up a curious idea: My purpose in life was to know God and reveal His Glory. I did not completely understand what this entailed back then. I just sensed it to be true. I wondered if this was specifically for me, or if this was some universal purpose. Either way, I felt less lost. 

Getting to know God has been a pleasant pursuit. Immersing my mind in contemplation, prayer, study, and writing comes naturally to me. I enjoy deep conversations with the Lord. Spiritual understanding and insights are exciting side benefits of this communion. 

Revealing God’s glory has been more complicated. At first, I imagined that I could merely share my experiences through writing or speaking. Yet, I have discovered that this approach is minimally effective. My life is on display much more than anything I say or write. Unless I honor God through a surrendered lifestyle, all else is moot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment