streams

streams

Monday, March 21, 2022

Feeling Good


“God’s presence is my good.” (Psalm 73:28 CSB)

What makes you feel good?

For me, it is a progressive spectrum. 

Sometimes feeling good is mostly pleasurable sensations--a hot shower after a run, eating yummy food, a restful night of sleep, reading a good book, watching a fun TV show, being surrounded by natural beauty, connecting with loved ones...

The next level is feeling good about myself--the sense of accomplishment after a marathon, the satisfaction of writing, the gratification of doing  the right thing, the boost in confidence when someone expresses their love, appreciation, or admiration for me, the excitement of making a positive impact in someone’s life...

What makes me feel good the most? When I feel God’s presence...

These rare moments fill me with joy and peace beyond what I can describe. 

Unfortunately, I can’t orchestrate these moments. Thus, I frequently revert back to the lesser forms of feeling good that are within my power to manage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment