streams

streams

Friday, March 25, 2022

The Promise to Be Present



“Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” (Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT)


During a difficult season in life, I kept finding verses in the Bible that assured me of God’s presence. 


“Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” (Genesis 28:15 ESV)


“Fear not, for I am with you.” (Isaiah 41:10 ESV)


“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.” (Isaiah 43:2 ESV)


 “I am with you, declares the Lord.” (Haggai 1:13)


“Behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20 ESV)


 “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5 ESV)


The essence of all these verses is the same. 

God’s promise: I will be with you.


This made such an impression on me that I wrote it down on tiny slips of paper and hid it all over the house. I wedged them in cabinets, baseboards, mirror frames, books, under shelf liners, sofa cushions, mattresses, etc. Years later, I still find these little reminders. I am reassured that God is with me, no matter what. 



No comments:

Post a Comment