streams

streams

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Disabled Sensors


“Like a bird flying straight into a net. He had no clue his life was at stake; everything was about to change.” (Proverbs 7:23 VOICE)

My car came with a bunch of sensors and cameras. The sensors set off alarms if there is anything near that could lead to a collision. All the sounds made me agitated, so I disabled many of the sensors. I had driven all my life using my own senses, so I decided that would have to be good enough.

I have to admit that I use this same logic when it comes to uncomfortable intuitions. Instead of relying on my spiritual senses, I decide to depend on my skills of perception. This feels adequate and reasonable until I get into trouble. Like a bird flying straight into a net, I get into situations from which I cannot disentangle. Then I cry out to the Lord to get me out of the mess I’m in. I wait for Him to rescue me. I’m learning to seek God’s will in everything.

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment